The Best Ways to Maintain Your Concrete Driveway
Once you’ve had your spectacular new driveway installed by our team of specialists, it’s time to look at the best ways to maintain its quality.
We have over 25 years of experience working with customers with homes and driveways of all shapes and sizes; no job is too big or small for Cobblecrete!
Driveways Built to Last
We use a high strength fibre reinforced concrete that reaches 30-40 Newton after 28 days and is laid to an average depth of 100mm. This will not sink or dip in time and strengthen over time. The concrete is also air-entrained to help it deal with dipping temperatures during the winter.
We apply colour surface hardener that makes it stronger than your standard concrete surface. The surface is then coated with an anti-slip acrylic sealant that prevents spoiling from spillages like oil.
Our imprinted concrete driveways are a great money saver due to the lack of maintenance needed on them. We would simply recommend getting your installation resealed every 2 to 6 years, which will protect your driveway from mould and algae. Resealing is part of our service but this is also a simple DIY task.
How to Reseal Your Driveway
Here’s your 7 step guide to resealing your driveway –
• Use a trimmer to remove any grass or weeds that are growing over the border of your driveway
• Get rid of the debris to make sure the driveway is clear
• If available, use a power washer to the entire surface and let it dry for 48 hours. The sealant won’t work properly on your driveway if there is any dirt of moisture present
• Prepare your sealant in a bucket and stir for 15 minutes to make sure it’s mixed
• Dip a paintbrush into the sealant and run along the edge of the seams
• Pour the sealant on a paint tray, moisten the roller and apply the sealant to your driveway. We would recommend working from the middle outwards
• Finally, let the driveway sealant cure and dry for 2 days, and refrain from walking and driving over it
Want to Know More? Get in Touch
If you need any advice or have any questions about maintaining your concrete driveway, please contact us today.